Apple’s MagSafe connector has saved literally millions of laptops from destructions caused by tripping over one’s power cord. But with the introduction of USB-C on new MacBooks, this safety feature is absent.
BreakSafe brings the safety and convenience back to newer MacBooks and other laptops with USB-C type connectors.
The streamlined magnetic connector is only 12.8 mm deep so you can leave it plugged into your laptop’s USB-C port when not in use.
Use BreakSafe’s included 6’ USB-C cable with the USB-C charger that came with your laptop.
BreakSafe is compatible with USB Power Delivery and is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts @ 3 amps). Please note that BreakSafe is for charging power only; data and video are not supported.
- Compatible with Apple's MacBook (12") and other devices that charge via USB-C
- Designed and tested to meet USB-C power standards
- BreakSafe is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts at 3 amps) power
- Data and video are not supported
- Length: 6 ft. (1.8 m)
- In the box: USB-C magnetic connector, USB-C cable
- Quick-release magnetic connector
- Safely disconnects from your computer when under stress or strain
- *US Patent No. US7658613B1
You can purchase Griffin's BreakSafe Magnetic USB-C Power Cable today for $39.99.