Smoky Cat Software today announced that Heart Graph version 4.0 is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Heart Graph lets users see graphically how their heart rate behaves during exercise or other periods of time, and supports comparison and analysis of the heart rate graph and other statistics across sessions. New with v4.0 Apple Watch users can use the native WatchOS Heart Graph app to graph their heart rate on their wrist while they exercise, see time spent in different heart rate zones, or review up to 12 hours of heart rate data recorded by the Apple Watch. Existing data stored in the Health app can also be imported, and the new "Zone Totals" feature can be used to analyse time spent in different heart rate zones across sessions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
"The essence of Heart Graph is providing users the ability to assess the way their body is responding to training over time" says Thomas Wright, Director of Smoky Cat Software.
"The Apple Watch is bringing heart rate monitoring to a huge number of people who didn't have access to such information previously, and being able to make sense of that data is vital for making the most of exercising. Being able to see time spent in different heart rate zones rate during workouts gives another piece of the puzzle, and is another example of how Heart Graph can support users in maximising the benefits of their workouts."
Features of Heart Graph include:
- Display a graph of heart rate against time during workouts or for other periods of activity
- See a graph of heart rate on your Apple Watch while exercising
- Review up to 12 hours of recent heart rate data acquired by the Apple Watch
- Import heart rate data for Workouts in Health (e.g., from Apple Watch or other device)
- Review all workouts offline (e.g., to spot trends in training)
- Add textual notes to each workout (e.g., to record details of a particular session, sets, reps, general health etc.) and search for workouts based on the notes entered
- Share workout data with friends via email or Facebook
- Device rotation to landscape for iPhone and iPod touch maximises screen area for graphs
Beyond the basics, a single $2.99 (USD) In-App Purchase will enable the Premium Features of the app, giving users access to more in-depth comparison and additional features to support their workouts or health monitoring:
- Enable heart rate zone display for summarising workout intensity into five configurable zones
- Record resting heart rate
- Compare workout statistics (such as resting, max and mean heart rate) over time to look for trends in training
- Analysis of heart rate zone totals across sessions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Compare heart rate graphs directly from one session to another
- Import heart rate data from the Health app for a custom time period of up to 24 hours
- Calculate calories burned during each workout
- Import and export workout data from other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
- Export data to CSV file for further analysis in software such as Excel
- Save workouts to Dropbox as TCX or CSV files
- Attach an image of the heart rate graph and heart rate zone summary to emails or
- Facebook posts for sharing with others
Heart Graph can be used for general health monitoring and all types of aerobic exercise including running, cycling, rowing or gym work. For those users with Bluetooth sensors providing real-time data, optimised features for gym-based activities such as kettlebells, weights and circuits provide support while working out, including:
- Compare heart rate from a "reference set" in a previous workout to the current session
- Create pre-planned training sessions that the app will automatically execute - no need to remember what's coming up next
- Share pre-planned training sessions with friends and other Heart Graph users
- Audible alarm when heart rate changes zone or reaches a preset maximum value
- Audio rep counting (never lose count) - simply make a noise every time a rep is completed and the app indicates when all reps complete
- Automatic timer for time-based sets to indicate when the work is done
- Side-by-side comparison of the reference set graphs from multiple selected workouts
- iOS 9 and WatchOS 2.2 (Apple Watch) or iOS version 7.0 (Bluetooth sensors)
- iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
- A compatible heart rate sensor: Apple Watch, low-energy bluetooth (BTLE), ANT+ connected using the Wahoo Fitness Key, or any sensor that writes data to the Health app.
Heart Graph 4.0 is free to download worldwide, exclusively through the App Store in the Health and Fitness category. Supported languages are English, Russian, and both simplified and traditional Chinese.