CES 2017 Best of Innovation Honoree in the Smart Home category
Sevenhugs announces the launch of Smart Remote on Kickstarter, allowing users to control any device simply by pointing at it.
Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt automatically to any device. When a user points at a device, Smart Remote instantly displays custom controls to operate that particular device. Smart Remote is compatible with more than 25,000 devices including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue and LIFX smart bulbs, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat and many more.
“Customers today are frustrated that every device requires its own app or controller, which leads to clutter, confusion and wasted time,” says Simon Tchedikian, Sevenhugs’ Co-founder and CEO. “We’ve pushed the boundaries of today’s technologies to build a better solution. For the first time in history, we’ve integrated a precise indoor positioning system in a consumer electronic device, allowing users to control tens of thousands of connected devices in a simple and intuitive way. All you have to do is point at what you want to control.”
Smart Remote unifies the control of your connected home experience:
● Broad Compatibility: Smart Remote works with more than 25,000 devices through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Infrared, including Samsung Smart TVs, Philips Hue and LIFX smart bulbs, Sonos speakers, Nest Learning Thermostat, and many more.
● Patent-Pending Innovation: Sevenhugs’ patent-pending point and control technology enables Smart Remote’s screen to adapt instantly to any device and display intuitive touch-screen controls customized for each device you point at.
● Powerful Technology: Smart Remote is the first consumer product to combine motion tracking sensors and an indoor positioning system. It allows users to control their devices naturally and intuitively—simply by pointing at them.
● Instant Access to Services: Smart Remote allows you to instantly access popular services like Uber. Order a ride by pointing Smart Remote at your front door or check the weather forecast by pointing at your window.
● Elegant & Thoughtful Design: Designed in collaboration with one of the most iconic and awarded French designers, Pierre Garner of Elium Studio, Smart Remote’s design is beautiful, sleek and intuitive.
● Unlimited Possibilities: Sevenhugs offers an open API and an extensive SDK to support continuous expansion of Smart Remote’s features and services by developers.
- Tchedikian adds, “ e truly embrace the passion
Now, with the help of the Kickstarter community, we’re excited to put the finishing touches on the world’s first truly smart remote.”
Sevenhugs’ Kickstarter campaign goal for Smart Remote is $50,000. Early-bird Kickstarter pricing starts at $99 and its first backers will receive Smart Remote in June ’17. Smart Remote will be available at select retailers in Fall ‘17 for $299.99.
Why the name? Because they had seven children when they embarked on this adventure, and because they believe that the quality of their environment in general and in particular their sleep is essential for their health.
For more information about Sevenhugs and Smart Remote, please visit remote.sevenhugs.com
Also published on Medium.