On Tuesday, July 12, the second-annual Prime Day will feature more than 100,000 deals worldwide exclusively for Prime members, making it the biggest Amazon event ever. New and existing members in U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, and Austria, will find deals across nearly all departments and categories, ensuring there will be something for everyone. Members in the U.S. can shop starting at midnight PT, with new deals as often as every five minutes throughout the day. To participate in Prime Day, sign-up or start a free trial of Prime on or before July 12 by visiting amazon.com/primeday.
“Prime Day is a unique opportunity to discover new items and great deals, on top of our already low prices. Following last year’s record sales, we have dramatically increased the inventory behind many deals. In fact, in the U.S. we have nearly double the TV units compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President Amazon Prime. “Even with this massive selection we know many of the Prime Day offers will sell out, so members should download the Amazon shopping app to receive notifications on their favorite deals.”
Something for Everyone
As reported last year, Prime Day was the biggest day for sales internationally up to that point. Beyond the top selling deals, and best-selling devices, there were other chart topping categories in each Prime-eligible country. Some of the highlights from 2015 include:
- Canada: Headphones, diapers, and slow cookers
- France: Video game consoles and speaker systems
- Germany and Austria: Sandals and sweets
- Italy: Routers and beard and hair trimmers
- Japan: Skin care, household supplies and herbal supplements
- Spain: Heart rate watches, sports computers and GPS devices
- U.K.: Video games, headphones and power toothbrushes
- U.S.: Toys, mobile device cases and pet products like toys, food and treats
Countdown Deals July 5 through July 11
In addition to blockbuster deals on Prime Day, July 12, Amazon will offer countdown deals for Prime members every day from July 5 through July 11. That means members in the U.S. will find summer entertainment deals starting July 5 including a 32-inch TV bundle with a Fire TV Stick for $119.99. Countdown deals will include gadgets on-the-go, products perfect for summer travel, for foodies and outdoor living, back-to-school and in-home essentials and daily deals on top of TV series and blockbuster movies available to rent or purchase and instantly stream through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. Customers can learn more at amazon.com/primeday.
What’s New on Prime Day
- Deals are Everywhere – Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries.
- Lots of TVs – The deal inventory of TVs in the U.S. will be nearly 2x than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Toys All Day – Members in the U.S. will find toy deals nearly all day on Prime Day.
- Watch-A-Deal – Readily track and shop any deal while at home or on-the-go with the Amazon App. Learn more at amazon.com/watched.
- Sort by Category – Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- Alexa Specials – There will be benefits to being an owner of an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap on Prime Day.
- More Sellers – Twice as many small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
- More to Watch – Members will find unbelievable deals on some of today’s top rated TV series and popular blockbuster films to rent or purchase and instantly stream on Amazon Video.
- Tips and Tricks – Find helpful advice on how to shop on Prime Day at amazon.com/primeday
Win Prime Music Experiences
In celebration of Prime Day, Amazon customers have an opportunity to win an unforgettable Prime Music Experience. In the U.S., starting today and running through Prime Day, customers can listen for a chance to win one of twelve unforgettable experiences with top artists, including Carrie Underwood, Blink-182, Norah Jones, Flo Rida, The Lumineers, Pentatonix, and more. Each winning experience includes airfare, hotel accommodations, tickets to see the artist in concert, and best of all—a meet-and-greet with the artists themselves. Prime members in the U.S. can participate by listening to a song from select Prime Music playlists, each associated with a prize. For full details on the U.S. plan and alternate method of entry visit amazon.com/win. There will be similar Prime Music Experiences taking place for Amazoncustomers in the U.K., Germany, Austria, and Japan.
Win $5,000 with Prime Photos
Prime Photos is sponsoring the Prime Day Prime Photos Sweepstakes launching June 30th. Customers who upload a photo to their Prime Photos account between June 30 and July 12 will be eligible for a chance to win $5,000 in Amazon Gift Cards. The winner will be chosen at random. For full details and an alternate method of entry, visit amazon.com/photosweeps.
Save More with Amazon Prime Store Card
Save 5% on Prime Day and every day at Amazon.com. Prime members who open an Amazon Prime Store Card now through Prime Day get a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card instantly.
Save up to 40% on Kindle Unlimited
On July 5 and July 12, Prime Members in the U.S. can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from over one million titles on any device, including all seven Harry Potter books, the Wayward Pines Trilogy, The Man in the High Castle, the Paper Magician trilogy, over 300 Lonely Planet travel guides, and Kindle Singles from top authors such as Jodi Picoult, Nelson DeMille, and Hugh Howey.
Also published on Medium.