SkyBell HD doorbell is a Wi-Fi connected and video integrated doorbell which enables you to see and also talk to whoever is at the door, by using a smartphone, computer or tablet.
SkyBell is mounted at the front door just like the standard doorbell and connects to a wired chime that is already installed in your home.
Its integrated 1080P video resolution camera offers a clear view of the person at the door, and it also has a speaker and a microphone which enables you to have a conversation with the visitor without them seeing or knowing if your around, which makes SkyBell a great addition to your home security.
The doorbell has some great features that enhance its useful performance. They include;
- Smartphone convenience - It enables you to answer the door using the smartphone or tablet from anywhere and anytime.
- Motion sensor - The sensor alerts you when there is someone waiting at the door; even if the doorbell has not been rung
- Video monitoring - This feature uses a smartphone, computer or tablet to remotely turn the video camera on.
- One-way video - Enables you to see visitors on your mobile device before answering the door
- Two-way audio - The built-in speaker and microphone allow you to talk to your guest without having to go to the door
- Photo snapshot - Enables you to use your smartphone or tablet to take a photo of your visitor without them knowing.
- Night Vision - Allows you to see the person at the door at night; up to 6 feet away from the camera.
- Silent mode - This enables you to turn off your chime remotely so that SkyBell only rings to your smartphone. The feature is very useful when your are sleeping
- Multiple users - The SkyBell is intended for the entire family, and therefore, can be integrated so as to be used by different smartphones; each one will be alerted when the bell rings.
- Weather resistant - The doorbell is designed for outdoor use even in extreme weather conditions.
- Mobile devices
- The doorbell is compatible with iPad and iPhone iOS 5 or later, the Android Jelly Bean from 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and also Kit Kat 4.4 or later. Moreover, SkyBell is optimized for the Android phones such as Nexus S, Samsung S3 and S4 and HTC One.
- Power source
- SkyBell uses full-time power, and its design allows it to be connected to a wired doorbell chime. The HD Wi-Fi doorbell is specifically compatible with a transformer of low-voltage with power that ranges from (10 to 36) VAC 10 VA or 12 VDC together with an amp rating of 0.5-1.0.
- The SkyBell is connected to your Wi-Fi network at home. The doorbell is compatible with b/g routers and requires a 2.4GHz band, a b/g mode, a 20 MHz bandwidth and also a 1 Mbps upload speed at the front door. Your smartphone has to be connected to your 2.4 GHz network before syncing to the SkyBell.
- Digital Doorbells
- The digital door chime needs the digital door chime adapter.
SKYBELL DIMENSIONS AND PRICING
The Depth, Height, and Width of this product are 0.9, 2.8 and 2.8 respectively. It is fairly well priced and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
SkyBell is a smart video doorbell which enables one to see, hear, and even speak to their visitors at the door, whether you are at home, at work, or anywhere else. The affordably priced doorbell has great features which facilitate its efficiency. It is also a great addition to your home security which makes it entirely worth it.
SkyBell HD Silver WiFi Video Doorbell$199.00
- The video quickly comes up on the app; within one or two seconds.
- The Push notification especially on iPhones is almost instant.
- The camera’s field of view is decent.
- The small wire connectors that are included are entirely useless.
Also published on Medium.